The Maria Method
Exercise Safe, Burn Calores, Feel Good
Warm Up, Workout, Wind Down
10-15 minute dynamic stretching flow with introduction to workout orientation
- Purpose: Prevent injury, warm up safely with dynamic stretches, learn correct form techniques to prepare for a successful workout, learn breathing/postural techniques, and increase heart rate/circulation to prepare the muscles/joints.
- Three of Maria’s favorite dynamic warm up stretches:
- Hamstring Sweeps for prevention of posterior hip and lower back injuries
- Lunge with a Twist for prevention of anterior hip and knee injuries
- Cat Cow & Thread the Needle to warm up the lumbar/thoracic movement patterns for prevention of spinal injuries
- 20-30 minute Totally Body High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workout safely designed to target multi-directional planes of the body with variations and modifications for ANY fitness level.
- Workouts can be done ANYWHERE with minimal equipment & body weight focus
- Try Maria’s FREE WORKOUT OF THE MONTH: 90 Minute Circuit
Repeat 3 Rounds of each exercise 30 Seconds:15 Seconds
Squat with Leg Lift/Lateral Raise
Bottom Burpee to Push Up
Travel Side Planks
Plank Tick Tocks
Lunge to Overhead Press
Knees to Elbows
- Cool down with therapeutic stretches and relaxing yoga flow to decrease heart rate, and prevent muscle spasms and joint injuries.
- 3 of Maria’s favorite stretches/yoga poses
- Childspose into downward dog to promote spinal decompression and decrease lower back tension
- Pigeon pose to relieve hip/glute tension/tightness
- Shoulder stretch to open chest and shoulder complex with a forward fold to deepen the stretch with the assistance of gravitational force